Freitag, 23. August 2013

Chimanda Ngozi and her latest Novel ' Americanah'

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on love, race, culture, immigration and hair - some of the central issues in her latest novel Americanah.What she says when she expands on her statement, ‘I like America but it’s not mine…Nigeria is home to me…but I like that I can leave home’, is incredibly central to the experience of those of us who bounce between the diaspora and and the Homeland (in Chimanda's case: nigeria), those of us who are constantly pulled between two very different worlds that can simultaneously feel like home and a foreign place, all at the same time. I kinda have the same feeling, even if i was born and raised here in europe, i still have a strong connection to Kongo. I didn't read her book yet but i look forward to reading it.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen